A Little Elaboration

Monday, August 20, 2007

You Know, It's Kinda Funny

It's been a year since my last post and I'm 100% certain that nobody has been to check this site in 9 months, best case scenario. Yet, tonight, I find myself back here. Not telling stories of my past, not really planning on doing much of anything with this blog. Things have changed, I have a beautiful daughter, my wife is the most amazing mom I could ever imagine, and I guess I've grown up. I don't know, it was just kind of a strange evening tonight that brought me back here. I don't have a myspace, that's sounds like too much work, but my brother texted me the other day about a friend of mine from high school that is becoming very successful in the real world. He learned of this success through myspace, so I was a little bored tonight and looked at my brother's myspace. I was scrolling through his friends list, looking for my old high school chum, and noticed that a lot of our cousins that I haven't seen in at least 5 years and my brother converse via this medium. It was nice to see their pictures and read about them and all, but the thing that I found myself reading most intently was their lists of favorites. Favorite movies, books, TV, hobbies, etc. A couple of things dawned on me while I was doing this. First you can learn a lot about a person just learning their favorites. Secondly, I didn't know some of these things about my cousins, mainly because we haven't spoken in awhile. It's kind of sad, actually. Had I known some of my cousins share my interests in books, TV, movies and the like, I think we probably could have formed a stronger bond in our past. Maybe we'd be closer to each other now. That would make me happy. I really miss those guys and I love them, but we don't talk. They live all over the US so it makes it difficult to see them, but if I could, I would just want them to know that I miss them and that I love them and that I wish I would be able to see them other than when I know will be the soonest, and more than likely, last time we will all ever meet. That will be a sad occassion and I wish that it would be under happier terms, but I know it won't be. I don't know. Something brought me back here tonight, and I don't know if I'll be posting again soon, or at all. Just something I felt like getting off my chest.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home